Babywearing for Perinatal Workers
Are you a birth professional, a person who works around expecting parents and new parents, getting asked about babywearing?
Then this class is for you! We cover:
- The reasons we babywear, identifying why it isn’t a fad
- How to identify the 5 positional factors that make babywearing safe and comfortable
- What to do with outdated, recalled and broken carriers
- The 5 types of carriers
- HOW to use those carriers! What to look for, how to wear, who they don’t work for
- Learn about the amazing resources NYC has to offer a new babywearing couple
- And lastly, you’ll get to practice on either an expectant couple or those with new babies!
Participants will leave with a the same handout we give couples as well as educator only information on hip/spine development, how to limit the information for the postpartum momma or based on your time constraints and more.
$55 per person